SULYAP ng isang blogger...: MELANCHOLY

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

MELANCHOLY

I am destined to be alone and miserable.

To stare idly at nothingness; to fantasize about the impossible; to wish for things that can never be achieved; to hope for a love that can never be given.

To sit like a statue in the midst of darkness; to cry and yet not shed a single tear.

To be devoid of emotion; or at least be adept at hiding pain and frustration; to always seem to move on and yet in truth dwell in the past; to forgive but never forget.

To be ruled by fear rejection and yet foolishly try and try again to establish a connection; to fail at it; to try again, and again, and again, and again; and to disappoint myself each time.

To want to love and be loved in return, and find only emptiness and loneliness.

To have people think I’m crazy; and yet know that they just don’t understand; to suffer the indignation of having to notice every bit of ignorance, stupidity, and narrow-mindedness the world possesses and hate it; all the while grappling with the reality that I’m not so perfect myself.

To be fated to be loved only misery, melancholy, melodrama, and self-pity; to love a person who does not seem to exist; to put all my hopes, dreams, ambitions and aspirations on a person who’s probably going to let me down someday.

To bare out my soul this way because there isn't any other means by which I can express myself; to fill dozens of notebooks with unspoken thoughts; and to read them again and again from time to time just to remind myself how pathetic I am.

To be a dreamer and a realist at the same time; to ask myself questions I know the answers to; to speak to myself for lack of another person to talk to.

To devour romantic movies and relish each kiss, each dance, each song, each and every single piece of dialogue as if it were my own; and to know the whole time that such things will never happen in my life.

To believe in forever and everlasting love, and yet be given the complete opposite every time I do fall in love.

To tell anyone who bothers to listen that I see myself married to her; and then lose her; to say it again about another person; and lose her the same way.

To fail at almost everything I try to do; to be ridiculed at every decision I make; to have people I know make stupid jokes and hurtful comments behind my back.

To always be second best or less; to watch my dreams fade away into nothing; to always have to suck it all up and say “Shit happens.”

To realize that all of this is my fault; that I make myself miserable; that I choose to wallow in self-pity and melodrama; and know that I can do absolutely nothing about it, since it seems that it's the only thing I can do well.

Yes, I am truly destined to be alone and miserable.



Article was contributed by IAmStorm at Peyups.com

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nanay Leyn, kahit sino ka man. hamak na tao or anything, I'll let you feel that I can be your friend and can be considered your second son. saka hindi ka nag iisa may kapatid ka sa Dios na dadamay sa iyong mga kalungkutan, kasiyahan atbp.

22/12/05 18:45  
Blogger Leyn said...

huy! hanu ka ba, masyadu mu ni-seryoso... artik lang yan from Peyups noh?

batang Peyups kasi ako eh, hehehe! shhhhhh!!!

22/12/05 21:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talaga? hmmm I can sense kaya mo kinuha yan dahil fit yan sa present life mo di ba? tama?

23/12/05 16:19  
Blogger Leyn said...

dami mo sinasabi...

24/12/05 21:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kapatid okay lang yan :) kasama yan sa pagtitiis para maging dapat sa Dios at makasama ka ng Panginoon sa walang hanggan. basta kalimutan mo lang yan okay - from lokal ng Encantadia

4/1/06 05:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://gyaatkjn.com/etxo/jfta.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ncsorhdz.com/lipn/tubx.html]Cool site[/url]

1/11/06 00:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

1/11/06 00:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://gyaatkjn.com/etxo/jfta.html | http://revugrfb.com/iykn/jckn.html

1/11/06 00:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home